Kiria-ini Mission Hospital is owned and managed by the Catholic Diocese of Murang’a. It was started by the Consolata sisters in 1955 as a small dispensary then developed to a maternity wing and later to a general hospital with a capacity of 72 beds. Since inception, the Hospital has grown over the years and currently has an official Government approved bed capacity of 100 distributed in the following wards;
Being a Catholic Faith Based Healthcare facility; the hospital is directly under the office of the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Murang’a. Consequently, the Bishop, Rt. Rev. James Maria Wainaina has appointed men and women of integrity to help the Catholic Diocese of Murang’a to spearhead management of the Hospital.